In order to understand the more complex math skills, concepts and word problems, students must start at the foundation. They must understand place value, patterns in numbers, and know their math facts. It is not necessarily about memorizing math facts, but it is about learning why we can add, subtract, multiply and divide and recalling the answer because of our strong understanding. That being said, there are a variety of resources to ensure that your child is improving towards strengthening their math understanding.
- Practice math facts every night
- Grades 1-2 Practice addition and subtraction facts every night.
- Grades 3-5 Practice addition, subtraction, multiplication and division math facts.
- Practice telling time and counting coins
- Practice multi step word problems using problem-solving strategies
- Review Go Math Vocabulary
- Visit math websites to practice additional math skills
- Go Math online resources
- Xtra Math
- K-5 Learning
- Fun Brain
- Math Buster
- Learn Zillon
- Cool Math Games